Education & Working Experience
2003.09-2007.07, School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Science and Technology Beijing (USTB), BEng in Thermal Energy & Dynamic Engineering
2007.09-2012.07, Institute of Engineering Thermophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), MSc and PhD
2012.07-2016.05, Institute of Engineering Thermophysics, CAS, Assistant Professor
2015.03-2016.03, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of Virginia, USA, Supervised by Prof. Pamela M. Norris, Postdoc
2016.06-Present, School of Energy and Environmental Engineering, USTB, Associate Professor
2016.08-2016.09, CNRS International NTU THALES Research Alliance, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore Supervised by Prof. Bengkang Tay, Visiting Scholar
2017.07-2017.08, School of Chemistry and Process Engineering, University of Leeds, UK
Supervised by Prof. Dongsheng Wen, Visiting Scholar
1. Thermal Engineering;
2. Fundamentals of Thermal Engineering;
3. Thermal Properties of Materials and Heat Transfer Analysis.
1.Interdisciplinary Research and Cultivation Project for Young Teachers of USTB, “Study on thermal transport properties of ultra-high thermal conductivity diamond/graphene composite interface”, PI, $7,136, 2020/1/1-2021/12/31.
2.Natural Science Foundation of Beijing, “Study on ultra-high thermal conductivity carbon nanotube/graphene assembly film materials”, PI, $28,545, 2020/1/1-2022/12/31.
3.National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), “Thermal enhancement for fiber reinforced shape memory composites via interface control”, PI, $90,634, 2019/1/1-2022/12/31.
4.Ministry of Science and Technology of the People’s Republic of China (MSTC), “Study on heat transfer mechanism of moving bed gas-solid two-phase flow based on CFD-DEM”, PI, $133,021, 2017/7/1-2020/6/30.
5.Introduction of Talents Scheme of USTB, “Performance optimization of CNT-based micro-/nano-scale thermal management device via tuning thermal transport”, PI, $48,386, 2016/7/1-2019/6/30.
6.NSFC, “Study on thermal transport mechanism of nanoparticle-carbon nanotube composite fiber”, PI, $40,322, 2014/1/1-2016/12/31.
7.Undergraduate Education Teaching Reform and Research Project of USTB, “Exploring the teaching mode of collaborative education in production, teaching and research in mechanical engineering”, PI, $2,883, 2018/7/1-2020/6/30.
8.Zhongguancun High-Tech Park Administrative Board, “Fund for development of national innovation model of Zhongguancun area”, PI, $80,645, 2014/1/1-2015/6/30.
9.CAAA, “Investigation and study on the performance of light-weight thermal barrier material”, PI, $9,677, 2014/10/20-2015/12/31.
10.Aerospace Res. Inst. Mater. Process Tech., “Thermal conductivity measurement of carbon fibers”, PI, $3,225, 2014/10/16-2014/12/30.
Social/ Academic Work
1. Energy (SCI)—Guest Editor
2. Journal of Thermal Science (SCI)-- Youth Guest Editor
3. Scientific Reports (SCI)-- Editorial Board Member
4. The 7th International Micro-Nano Technology Conference (ISMNT-7) -- Academic Committee Member
5. Professional Committee of Engineering Thermal Physics, China Institute of Higher Education--Director
6. National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC)-- Evaluation Expert
7. Applied Thermal Engineering (IF=3.929), Carbon (IF=7.088), Energy & Buildings (IF=4.779), European Physical Journal-Applied Physics (IF=0.726), Frontiers in Energy (IF=1.701), Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research (IF=3.375), International Journal of Energy Research (IF=2.671), International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer (IF=3.891), International Journal of Thermal Sciences (IF=3.707), International Journal of Thermophysics (IF=0.941), Journal of Applied Polymer Science (IF=2.188), Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics (IF=2.707), Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry (IF=2.209), Materials Research Express (IF=1.220), Materials Today Communications (IF=1.859), Measurement (IF=2.218), Measurement Science & Technology (IF=1.735), Modern Physics Letters B (IF=0.628), Open Physics (IF=0.820), Physica B: Condensed Matter (IF=1.374), Physics of Fluids (IF=2.840), PLoS One (IF=3.352), Polymer Testing (IF=2.628), Powder Technology (IF=3.413), Renewable Energy (IF=5.439), Scientific Reports (IF=4.609), Semiconductor Science and Technology (IF=2.340), Smart Materials and Structures (IF=3.543), Surface and Coatings Technology (IF=2.923), Nano Energy (IF=13.619), Nanotechnology (IF=3.467)-- Reviewer
Main journal publications：
1. L Qiu, N Zhu, Y Feng*, E E Michaelides, G Żyła, D Jing, X Zhang, P M Norris, C N Markides, O Mahian*, A review of recent advances in thermophysical properties at the nanoscale: From solid state to colloids[J]. Physics Reports, 2020, 843: 1-81.
2. L Qiu*, N Zhu, Y Feng*, X Zhang, X Wang*, Interfacial thermal transport properties of polyurethane/carbon nanotube hybrid composites[J]. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2020, 152: 119565.
3. J Wu*, Z Wu, H Ding, Y Wei, W Huang, X Yang, Z Li, L Qiu*, X Wang*, Three-dimensional graphene hydrogel decorated with SnO2 for high-performance NO2 sensing with enhanced immunity to humidity[J]. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2020, 12(2): 2634-2643.
4. J Wu*, Z Wu, H Ding, Y Wei, W Huang, X Yang, Z Li, L Qiu*, X Wang*, Flexible, 3D SnS2/reduced graphene oxide heterostructured NO2 sensor. Sensors and Actuators B, Chemical, 2020, 305: 127445.
5. W Chen, Y Feng*, L Qiu*, X Zhang, Scanning thermal microscopy method for thermal conductivity measurement of a single SiO2 nanoparticle[J]. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2020, 154: 119750.
6. L Qiu, D Sang, Y Feng*, H Huang, X Zhang, Study on heat transfer of process intensification in moving bed reactor based on the discrete element method[J]. Chemical Engineering and Processing - Process Intensification, 2020, 151: 107915.
7. L Qiu, Y Li, Y Feng*, Z Chen, X Zhang， Three-dimensional fluid-solid coupling heat transfer simulation based on the multireference frame for a side-blown aluminum annealing furnace[J]. Engineering Applications of Computational Fluid Mechanics, 2019, 13(1): 1036-1048.
8. L Qiu, Y Ouyang, Y Feng*, X Zhang， Review on micro/nano phase change materials for solar thermal applications[J]. Renewable energy, 2019, 140: 513-538.
9. L Qiu, P Guo, QKong, C Tan, K Liang, J Wei, J Tey, Y Feng*, X Zhang, Beng Kang Tay*，Coating-boosted interfacial thermal transport for carbon nanotube array nano-thermal interface materials[J]. Carbon, 2019, 145: 725-733.
10. L Qiu, P Guo, X Yang, Y Ouyang, Y Feng*, X Zhang, J Zhao, XZhang*, Q Li， Electro curing of oriented bismaleimide between aligned carbon nanotubes for high mechanical and thermal performances[J]. Carbon, 2019, 145: 650-657.
11. L Qiu, H Zou, X Wang, Y Feng*, X Zhang, J Zhao, X Zhang*, Q Li， Enhancing the interfacial interaction of carbon nanotubes fibers by Au nanoparticles with improved performance of the electrical and thermal conductivity[J]. Carbon, 2019, 141: 497-505.
12. Yanhui Feng*, Hanying Zou, Lin Qiu*, Xinxin Zhang. “Size effect on the thermal conductivity of octadecanoic acid: A molecular dynamics study”. Computational Materials Science, 2019, 158, 14-19.
13. Y Feng*, Z Zhang, L Qiu*, X Zhang, Heat recovery process modelling of semi-molten blast furnace slag in a moving bed using XDEM[J]. Energy, 2019, 186: 115876.
14. J Wu*, Z Wu, H Ding, X Yang, Y Wei, M Xiao, Z Yang, B Yang, C Liu, X Lu, L Qiu*, X Wang*, Three-Dimensional-Structured Boron-and Nitrogen-Doped Graphene Hydrogel Enabling High-Sensitivity NO2 Detection at Room Temperature[J]. ACS sensors, 2019, 4(7): 1889-1898.
15. J Wu*, Z Wu, H Ding, Y Wei, X Yang, Z Li, B Yang, C Liu, L Qiu*, X Wang*, Multifunctional and high-sensitive sensor capable of detecting humidity, temperature, and flow stimuli using an integrated microheater[J]. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2019, 11(46): 43383-43392.
16. J Wu*, Z Wu, H Ding, Y Wei, W Huang, X Yang, Z Li, L Qiu*, X Wang*, Flexible, 3D SnS2/reduced graphene oxide heterostructured NO2 sensor[J]. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2020, 305: 127445.
17. D Feng, Y Feng*, L Qiu, P Li, Y Zang, H Zou, Z Yu, X Zhang, Review on nanoporous composite phase change materials: Fabrication, characterization, enhancement and molecular simulation[J]. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 2019, 109: 578-605.
18. Y Feng*, H Zou, L Qiu*, X Zhang, Size effect on the thermal conductivity of octadecanoic acid: A molecular dynamics study[J]. Computational Materials Science, 2019, 158: 14-19.
19. L Qiu, P Guo, H Zou, Y Feng*, X Zhang, S Pervaiz, D Wen, Extremely low thermal conductivity of graphene nanoplatelets using nanoparticle decoration[J]. ES Energy & Environment, 2018, 2: 66-72.
20. L Qiu, Y Feng*, Z Chen, Y Li, X Zhang, Numerical simulation and optimization of the melting process for the regenerative aluminum melting furnace[J]. Applied Thermal Engineering, 2018, 145: 315-327.
21. L Qiu, N Zhu, H Zou, Y Feng*, X Zhang, D Tang*, Advances in thermal transport properties at nanoscale in China, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2018, 125: 413-433.
22. L Qiu, Y Ouyang, Y Feng*, X Zhang, Note: Thermal conductivity measurement of individual porous polyimide fibers using a modified wire-shape 3ω method[J]. Review of Scientific Instruments, 2018, 89(9): 096112.
23. L Qiu, H Zou, N Zhu, Y Feng*, X Zhang, X Zhang, Iodine nanoparticle-enhancing electrical and thermal transport for carbon nanotube fibers[J]. Applied Thermal Engineering, 2018, 141: 913-920.
24. L Qiu, H Zou, D Tang, D Wen, Y Feng*, X Zhang, Inhomogeneity in pore size appreciably lowering thermal conductivity for porous thermal insulators[J]. Applied Thermal Engineering, 2018, 130: 1004-1011.
25. Lin Qiu, Hanying Zou, Xiaotian Wang, Yanhui Feng*, Xinxin Zhang, Jingna Zhao, Xiaohua Zhang*, Qingwen Li. Enhancing the interfacial interaction of carbon nanotubes fibers by Au nanoparticles with improved performance of the electrical and thermal conductivity. Carbon, 2019, 141, 497-505.
26. Q Kong, L Qiu*, Y Lim, C Tan, K Liang, C Lu, B Tay*, Thermal conductivity characterization of three dimensional carbon nanotube network using freestanding sensor-based 3ω technique[J]. Surface and Coatings Technology, 2018, 345: 105-112.
27. J Zhang, G Song, L Qiu, Y Feng, J Chen, J Yan, L Liu, X Huang, Y Cui, Y Sun, W Xu*, D Zhu*, Highly conducting polythiophene thin films with less ordered microstructure displaying excellent thermoelectric performance[J]. Macromolecular Rapid Communications, 2018, 39(16): 1800283.
28. Wei Yu*, Changqing Liu, Lin Qiu, Ping Zhang, Weigang Ma, Yanan Yue, Huaqing Xie, LeighAnn Sarah Larkin. Advanced thermal interface materials for thermal management. Engineered Science, 2018, 2, 95-97.
29. Zhehao Li*, Yuelian Peng*, Yajun Dong, Hongwei Fan, Ping Chen, Lin Qiu, Qi Jiang. Effects of thermal efficiency in DCMD and the preparation of membranes with low thermal conductivity. Applied Surface Science, 2014, 317(30), 338-349.
30. L Qiu, K Scheider, S Radwan, L Larkin, C Saltonstall, Y Feng*, X Zhang, P Norris*, Thermal transport barrier in carbon nanotube array nano-thermal interface materials[J]. Carbon, 2017, 120: 128-136.
31. Q Pham, L Larkin, C Lisboa, C Saltonstall, L Qiu*, J Schuler, T Rupert, P Norris, Effect of growth temperature on the synthesis of carbon nanotube arrays and amorphous carbon for thermal applications[J]. physica status solidi (a), 2017, 214(7): 1600852.
32. L Qiu, X Wang, D Tang*, X Zheng*, P Norris, D Wen, J Zhao, X Zhang, Q Li, Functionalization and densification of inter-bundle interfaces for improvement in electrical and thermal transport of carbon nanotube fibers[J]. Carbon, 2016, 105: 248-259.
33. L Qiu, X Wang, G Su, D Tang*, X Zheng*, J Zhu, Z Wang, P Norris, P Bradford, Y Zhu, Remarkably enhanced thermal transport based on a flexible horizontally-aligned carbon nanotube array film[J]. Scientific reports, 2016, 6: 21014.
34. X Zheng, L Qiu*, P Yue, G Wang, D Tang, 3ω slope comparative method for fluid and powder thermal conductivity measurements[J]. Modern Physics Letters B, 2016, 30(25): 1650322.
35. Y Sun, L Qiu, L Tang, H Geng, H Wang, F Zhang, D Huang, W Xu*, P Yue, Y Guan, F Jiao, Y Sun, D Tang, C Di, Y Yi*, D Zhu*, Flexible n‐Type High‐Performance Thermoelectric Thin Films of Poly (nickel‐ethylenetetrathiolate) Prepared by an Electrochemical Method[J]. Advanced materials, 2016, 28(17): 3351-3358.
36. L Qiu, X Zheng*, J Zhu, D Tang, S Yang, A Hu, L Wang, S Li. Thermal transport in high-strength polymethacrylimide (PMI) foam insulations[J]. International Journal of Thermophysics, 2015, 36(10-11): 2523-2534.
37. L Qiu, X Zheng*, P Yue, J Zhu, D Tang*, Y Dong, Y Peng, Adaptable thermal conductivity characterization of microporous membranes based on freestanding sensor-based 3ω technique[J]. International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 2015, 89: 185-192.
38. P Han, X Zheng*, W Hou, L Qiu*, D Tang,Study on heat-storage and release characteristics of multi-cavity-structured phase-change microcapsules[J]. Phase Transitions, 2015, 88(7): 704-715.
39. L Qiu, Y Li, X Zheng*, J Zhu, D Tang, J Wu, C Xu, Thermal-conductivity studies of macro-porous polymer-derived SiOC ceramics[J]. International Journal of Thermophysics, 2014, 35(1): 76-89.
40. G Su, L Qiu*, X Zheng*, Z Xiao, D Tang, Effective Thermal-Conductivity Measurement on Germanate Glass–Ceramics Employing the 3ω Method at High Temperature[J]. International Journal of Thermophysics, 2014, 35(2): 336-345.
41. M Liu, L Qiu*, X Zheng*, J Zhu, D Tang, Study on the thermal resistance in secondary particles chain of silica aerogel by molecular dynamics simulation[J]. Journal of Applied Physics, 2014, 116(9): 093503.
42. Z Li*, Y Peng*, Y Dong, H Fan, P Chen, L Qiu, Q Jiang, Effects of thermal efficiency in DCMD and the preparation of membranes with low thermal conductivity[J]. Applied Surface Science, 2014, 317: 338-349.
43. P Yue, L Qiu*, X Zheng, D Tang, The Effective Thermal Conductivity of Porous Polymethacrylimide Foams[C]. Key Engineering Materials. Trans Tech Publications, 2014, 609: 196-200.
44. L Qiu, X Zheng, G Su, D Tang*, Design and application of a freestanding sensor based on 3ω technique for thermal-conductivity measurement of solids, liquids, and nanopowders[J]. International Journal of Thermophysics, 2013, 34(12): 2261-2275.
45. L Qiu, XZheng*, J Zhu, G Su, D Tang, The effect of grain size on the lattice thermal conductivity of an individual polyacrylonitrile-based carbon fiber[J]. Carbon, 2013, 51: 265-273.
46. G Su, X Zheng*, L Qiu, D Tang*, J Zhu, Measurement of thermal conductivity of anisotropic SiC crystal[J]. International Journal of Thermophysics, 2013, 34(12): 2334-2342.
47. G Zhao*, X Xu, L Qiu, X Zheng, D Tang, Study on the heat conduction of phase-change material microcapsules[J]. Journal of Thermal Science, 2013, 22(3): 257-260.
48. W Chen, L Qiu*, S Liang*, X Zheng, D Tang, Measurement of thermal conductivities of DMP/CH3OH and DMP/H2O by freestanding sensor-based 3ω technique[J]. Thermochimica acta, 2013, 560: 1-6.
49. L Qiu, X Zheng, J Zhu, D Tang, Note: Non-destructive measurement of thermal effusivity of a solid and liquid using a freestanding serpentine sensor-based 3ω technique[J]. Review of Scientific Instruments, 2011, 82(8): 086110.
50. L Qiu, D Tang*, X Zheng, G Su, The freestanding sensor-based 3ω technique for measuring thermal conductivity of solids: principle and examination[J]. Review of Scientific Instruments, 2011, 82(4): 045106.
51. X Zheng*, L Qiu, G Su, D Tang, Y Liao, Y Chen, Thermal conductivity and thermal diffusivity of SiO2 nanopowder[J]. Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 2011, 13(12): 6887-6893.
1.《Phase Change Materials: Characteristics, Industrial Applications and Energy Implications》，“Chapter 4: Heat Conduction and Heat Storage Characterizations of Phase-Change Microcapsules.”, Nova Science Publisher,2015.
1. Lin Qiu, Xinghua Zheng, Daqing Li, Dawei Tang, “Device for Testing Thermophysical Parameters of Material by Double-helix Plane Structure Harmonic Wave Method” - C.N. Patent 201410078886.1, Awarded 2016/6/1. (Invention)
2. Lin Qiu, Xinghua Zheng, Xianfeng Xu, Lanlan Li, Dawei Tang, “Device and Method of Testing Material Thermophysical Property Parameter” - C.N. Patent 201310032893.3, Awarded 2016/2/24. (Invention)
3. Lin Qiu, Xianfeng Xu, Dawei Tang, Jie Zhu, Wenfeng Bu, “Optical System and Method for Measuring Thermal Physical Property Parameters of Solid” - C.N. Patent 201210476747.5, Awarded 2014/8/20. (Invention)
4. Lin Qiu, Xinghua Zheng, Dawei Tang, “Measurement Device and Measurement Method of Veneer-type Sensor for Measuring Heat Absorption Coefficient” - C.N. Patent 201210258346.2, Awarded 2014/4/9. (Invention)
5. Lin Qiu, Yanhui Feng, Xinxin Zhang, Zhen Zhang, Hanying Zou. “Method and Device for Preparing Carbon Nanotube Array Thermal Interface Material with High Purity and High Heat Conductivity” -C.N. Patent 201611126343.8, Awarded 2018/7/27. (Invention)
6. Lin Qiu, Dawei Tang, Yanhui Feng, Xinxin Zhang, “Device and Method for On-site Accurate Testing of Heat Conductivity of Energy-saving Thermal Insulation Materials” - C.N. Patent 201610580315.7, Awarded 2018/9/14. (Invention)
7. Xinghua Zheng, Lin Qiu, Dawei Tang, “Device and Method for Measuring Heat Storage Coefficient of Material by Harmonic Method Based on Independent Sensor” - C.N Patent 201110138899.X, Awarded 2013/2/13. (Invention)
8. Xinghua Zheng, Lin Qiu, Guoping Su, Dawei Tang, “Method and Device for Testing Thermal Physical Property of Single Conductive Filamentary Material by Using Harmonic Method” - C.N. Patent 201010141035.9, Awarded 2012/10/31. (Invention)
9. Xinghua Zheng, Lin Qiu, Guoping Su, Dawei Tang, “Harmonic Micrometer/Nanometre Film Thermal Property Test Method” - C.N. Patent 201010218390.1, Awarded 2012/6/27. (Invention)
10. Xinghua Zheng, Lin Qiu, Dawei Tang, “Method and Device for Testing Thermal Physical Property of Solid Material with Independent Probe by Using Harmonic Method” - C.N. Patent 200910242362.0, Awarded 2011/10/5. (Invention)
11. Xinghua Zheng, Peng Yue, Yuhua Li, Lin Qiu, Dawei Tang, “Spiral Pipe-type Non-phase-change Heating Device” - C.N. Patent 201410194345.5, Awarded 2017/8/25. (Invention)
12. Xinghua Zheng, Guoping Su, Dawei Tang, Lin Qiu, “Detection Method for Thermal Conductivity and Thermal Diffusivity of Anisotropic Material” - C.N. Patent 201010201486.7, Awarded 2013/5/8. (Invention)
13. Lin Qiu, Yuxin Ouyang, Yanhui Feng Xinxin Zhang. “Non-destructive Measuring Device for Three-Dimensional Anisotropic Thermal Conductivity of Materials” - C.N. Patent 20181692160.7, Awarded 2019/5/31.
14. Lin Qiu, Yanhui Feng, Xinxin Zhang, Zhen Zhang, Hanying Zou. “High Heat Conduction Carbon Nanotube Array Thermal Interface Material Preparation Facilities of High-purity” - C.N. Patent 201621345714.7, Awarded 2017/6/27.
15. Lin Qiu, Xinghua Zheng, Dawei Tang, “Surface-mounted Sensor and Heat Absorption Coefficient Measuring Device” - C.N. Patent 201220360421.1, Awarded 2013/2/13.
16. Xinghua Zheng, Peng Yue, Yuhua Li, Lin Qiu, Dawei Tang, “Antigravity Spiral Coiled Pipe Type Non-phase-change Heat Removal Device” - C.N. Patent 201420237565.7, Awarded 2014/9/24.
17. Xinghua Zheng, Lin Qiu, Dawei Tang, “Harmonic Method Solid Material Thermal Physical Property Test Device with Independent Probe” - C.N. Patent 200920277780.9, Awarded 2010/7/28.