Education & Working Experience
2002.04 -2003.01, Project Manager, Environmental Protection Branch of Central Research Institute of Building and Construction, MCC
2003.02 -present, Lecturer(2003)/Associate Professor(2008)/Professor(2014), School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, USTB
2009.07 -2010.06, Post Doctorate, School of Earth and Space Sciences, Peking University
2010.02 -2011.02, Executive Deputy Director, School of civil and environmental engineering, USTB
2011.03 - present, Deputy Chief, Department of scientific research and development, USTB
2011.09 -2012.09, Visiting Scholar, University of Leeds, UK
Undergraduate Course: Air Pollution Control Engineering
Postgraduate Courses: Industrial Waste Gas Treatment and Dust Removal Technology, Waste Water Treatment and Reuse Technology
Part of the vertical projects:
1. The key technology for the whole process control of multiple pollutants in iron and steel industry, supported by National Key Research and Development Program, 2017.07-2020.12.
2. SO2/NOx/Hg in sintering flue gas synergistic removal mechanism based on H2O2 oxidation (U1560110), supported by Joint Funds of the National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2016.01-2018.12
3. Research and demonstration on the key equipment of pollution emission control in the pelletized sinter and steelmaking process (D15110900490000), supported by Key project of Science and Technology Plan of Beijing City (the Capital City's Blue Sky Action Plan), 2015.01-2017.06
4. Research and development of low temperature catalyst for SCR denitrification in industrial flue gas, supported by the Scientific Research Foundation for the Returned Overseas Chinese Scholars, Ministry of Education of China, 2014.9-2017.9
5. Geochemical characteristics and response mechanism of heavy metal pollution remediation in mining area (41273091), supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (General Program), 2013.1-2016.12
6. Study on the mechanism of sludge drying at room temperature and the regulatory mechanism of sludge as raw material for the cement (FRF-TP-12-011B), supported by the Basic Research Funds of the Central Universities, 2012.6-2015.6
7. Study on the treatment of landfill leachate by modified mineral adsorption method and its auxiliary equipment (2012B091000118), supported by the combination projects of industry, universities and research institutions of Guangdong Province and Ministry of education, 2012.1-2013.12
8. Study on action mechanism of modified municipal sewage sludge as sintering ingredient and its regulation mechanism (51104009), supported by the Youth Science Fund Project of National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2011.1-2014.12
9. Development and demonstration of the technology and equipment of gasifying municipal biomass waste (2011B090400629), supported by the combination projects of industry, universities and research institutions of Guangdong Province and Ministry of education, 2011.10-2013.12
10. Discuss on the standard of landfill gas as civil fuel and study and demonstration on its technology (2011B090400476), supported by the combination projects of industry, universities and research institutions of Guangdong Province and Ministry of education, 2011.7-2013.12
Social/ Academic Work
2018. Newton Fund for Leaders in Innovation Fellowship.
2012-present. Chinese society of environmental sciences, senior member.
2014-present. Shanxi University, guest professor.
2016-present. Metallurgical Environmental Protection Branch of China Society of Metals, committee members.
2014-present. Beijing-tianjin-hebei steel industry energy conservation and emission reduction industry technology innovation alliance, Executive deputy secretary-general.
2015-present. Beijing collaborative innovation research institute industrial energy conservation and emission reduction center, deputy director.
Main journal publications：
(1) Bo Jiang, Adedoyin Adebayo, Jianli Jia, Yi Xing*, Songqiang Deng, Limin Guo, Yuting Liang, Dayi Zhang. Impacts of heavy metals and soil properties at a Nigerian e-waste site on soil microbial community. Journal of hazardous materials. 2019, 362(1): 187-195.
(2) Bo Jiang, Naifu Jin, Yi Xing*, Yuping Su, Dayi Zhang. Unravelling uncultivable pesticide degraders via stable isotope probing (SIP), Critical Reviews in Biotechnology. 2018, 38(7): 1025-1048.
(3) Bo Jiang, Guanghe Li, Yi Xing*, Dayi Zhang, Jianli Jia, Zhisong Cui, Xiao Luan, Hui Tang. A whole-cell bioreporter assay for quantitative genotoxicity evaluation of environmental samples. Chemosphere. 2017, 184(6): 384-392.
(4) Bo Jiang, Yi Xing*, Baogang Zhang*, Ruquan Cai, Dayi Zhang, Guangdong Sun. Effective phytoremediation of low-level heavy metals by native macrophytes in a vanadium mining area, China. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 2018,25(31): 31272–31282.
(5) Bo Jiang, Luning Lian, Yi Xing*, Nana Zhang, Yating Chen, Pei Lu, Dayi Zhang(*). Advances of magnetic nanoparticles in environmental application: environmental remediation and (bio)sensors as case studies. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 2018,25(31): 30863–30879.
(6) Wang Zhiqiang, Hong Chen*, Xing Yi, Li Zaixing, Li Yifei, Yang Jian, Feng Lihui, Hu Jiashuo, Sun Haipeng. Thermal characteristics and product formation mechanism during pyrolysis of penicillin fermentation residue. Bioresource Technology. 2019, 277: 46-54.
(7) Wang Zhiqiang, Hong Chen, Xing Yi*, Li Yifei, Feng Lihui, Jia Mengmeng. Combustion behaviors and kinetics of sewage sludge blended with pulverized coal: with and without catalysts. Waste Management. 2018, 74: 288~296.
(8) Wang Zhiqiang, Hong Chen, Xing Yi*, Wang Kang, Li Yifei, Feng Lihui, Ma Silu. Spatial distribution and sources of heavy metals in natural pasture soil around copper-molybdenum mine in Northeast China. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. 2018, 154: 329~336.
(9) Hong Chen, Wang Zhiqiang, Si Yanxiao, Yang Qiang, Xing Yi*. Improving sludge dewaterability by combined conditioning with Fenton's reagent and surfactant. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 2017. 101(2): 809-816.
(10) Wang Zhiqiang, Hong Chen, Xing Yi*, Feng Lihui, Li Yifei, Jia Mengmeng. Influences of ultrafine comminution on chemical properties of antibiotic bioferment residue. Powder Technology. 2017, 321: 514-522. (IF=3.23)
(11) Xing Yi, Wang Zhiqiang, Hong Chen, Feng Lihui, Jia Mengmeng, Li Yifei. Mechanism and parameter optimization of Fenton's reagent integrated with surfactant pretreatment to improve sludge dewaterability. Plos One. 2017,12(1): e0169523.
(12) Lu Pei, Xing Yi*, et al. A reusable material with high performance for removing NO at room temperature: its performance, mechanism and kinetics. Catalysis science & technology. 2016, 6: 3520-3528.
(13) Hua Xiufu, Xing Yi*, et al. Controlled synthesis of enzyme-inorganic nanocrystal composite assembled into 3D structure with ultrahigh enzymatic activity. RSC Advances. 2016, 6: 46278-46281.
(14) Li Ziyi, Liu Yingshu, Yang Xiong, Xing Yi*, et al. Desorption of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons on Mesoporous Sorbents: Thermogravimetric Experiments and Kinetics Study, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. 2016, 55(5): 1183-1191.
(15) Li Ziyi, Liu Yingshu, Xing Yi, et al. Novel Wire-on-Plate Electrostatic Precipitator (WOP-EP) for Controlling Fine Particle and Nanoparticle Pollution. Environmental Science and Technology. 2015, 49(14): 8683-8690.
(16) Hong Chen, Xing Yi*, Hua Xiufu, et al. Dewaterability of sludge conditioned with surfactant DDBAC pretreatment by acid/alkali. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 2015, (99): 6103–6111.
(17) Hong Chen, Si Yanxiao, Xing Yi*, et al. Effect of surfactant on bound water content and extracellular polymers substances distribution in sludge. RSC Advances. 2015, 5(30): 23383-23390.
(18) Hong Chen, Si Yanxiao, Xing Yi*, et al. Illumina Miseq sequencing investigation on the contrasting soil bacterial community structures in different iron mining areas. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 2015, 22(14): 10788-10799.
(19) Xing Yi, Si Yanxiao, Hong Chen, et al. Multiple factors affect diversity and abundance of ammonia-oxidizing microorganisms in iron mine soil. Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology. 2015, 69(1): 20-31.
(20) Li Ziyi, Liu Yingshu, Yang Xiong, Xing Yi, et al. Desorption Kinetics of Naphthalene and Acenaphthene over Two Activated Carbons via Thermogravimetric Analysis.Energy and Fuels. 2015, 29(8): 5303-5310.
(21) Lu Shaoyong, Zhang Wentao, Xing Yi, et al. Spatial distribution of water quality parameters of rivers around Erhai Lake during the dry and rainy seasons. Environmental Earth Sciences. 2015, 74(11): 7423-7430.
(22) Ma Hongzhi, Xing Yi*,Yu Miao, et al. Feasibility of converting lactic acid to ethanol in food waste fermentation by immobilized lactate oxidase. Applied Energy. 2014, (129): 89-93.
(23) Xing Yi, Hong Chen, Cheng Bei, et al. Preparation of Mn-based selective catalytic reduction catalysts by three methods and optimization of process conditions. PLOS ONE, 2013, 8(9): e73237.
(1) A method for firing cement with lime drying sludge. Chinese Innovation Patent, No.: ZL 201410028133.x
(2) A method for dehydration of residual sludge. Chinese Innovation Patent, No.: ZL 201310004357.2
(3) A method for treating banknote printing wastewater by modifying bentonite and photoassisted fenton process. Chinese Innovation Patent, No.: ZL 201210012991.6
(4) A treatment method for residual sludge. Chinese Innovation Patent, No.: ZL 201110057411.0
(5) A method for treating residual sludge with desulfurization lime. Chinese Innovation Patent, No.: ZL 201110057413.x
(6) A method for disposal of residual sludge with high calorific value. Chinese Innovation Patent, No.: ZL 201110057325.x
(7) A method for disposal of residual sludge with low calorific value. Chinese Innovation Patent, No.: ZL 201110057038.9
(8) A dynamic level particle cleaning separator Chinese Innovation Patent, No.: ZL 201110107823.6
(9) A device for low-temperature storage and purification of reductive nitrogen oxide. Chinese Innovation Patent, No.: ZL 200910242368.8
Honors and Awards
(1) Qiushi outstanding youth achievement transformation award, 2017
(2) China industry-university-research cooperation innovation award, 2017
(3) Award for outstanding scientific research results of institutions of higher education, 2017
(4) Mao yisheng science and technology award - Beijing youth science and technology award, 2014
(5) Beijing youth may fourth medal, 2015
(6) Outstanding contributions to science, technology, management in Beijing, 2016
(7) Science and technology progress award for scientific research of colleges and universities, Second Prize, 2013
(8) Environmental protection science and technology award, Second Prize, 2011
(9) Beijing science and technology award, Third Prize, 2011
(10) Metallurgical science and technology award, 2010