Education & Working Experience：
2003-2004, University of Science & Technology Beijing, Doctor
1981~1985, Xi´an University of Architecture and Technology, B. E.
1985~1988, Hunan University, M.Sc
1988~1993, Assistant Professor and deputy director of Section of Water and Wastewater Engineering at the Anhui Jianzhu University
1994~1997, Senior Engineer, Haikou Water Supply Company; Project Manager and CEO of Haikou City Water Supply Project Office
1997~1999, University of Applied Sciences in North-East-Lower-Saxony, Germany, M.Sc
1999~2003, Hamburg University of Technology, Germany, Dr.-Ing
2003~2004, Research fellow at the institute for urban water management, Duisburg-Essen University, Germany
Sep. ~ Dec 2015, Senior visiting fellow at the California Institute of Technology, USA
From Nov. 2004 Professor, at the University of Science and Technology Beijing, China
1. Water Pollution Control Engineering;
2. Resource Oriented Wastewater Treatment Technology;
3. Principle and Analysis of Water Treatment Technology
4. Environmental Science and Technology Progress
5. Introduction To Sustainable Hygiene (English Course For International Students)
6. Progress in Environmental Biotechnology
The research interest of mine covers a number of issues in the fields of urban water management, sustainable sanitation, bio-energy engineering. I am an active researcher in international level and involved in more than 10 different international bilateral and multi-lateral cooperation projects in last five years (Individual funds are more than 40 Million yuan).
More than 10 different international bilateral and multi-lateral cooperation projects in last five years (Individual funds are more than 40 Million yuan in equivalent)
Social/ Academic Work：
1. Memberships: Chairman of Eco-city water specialist group, China Eco-city research committee
2. Expert of Eco-City Planning Committee of Ministry of Construction, CHINA
3. IWA (International Water Association)
4. Director of China Node of Sustainable Sanitation, EcoSanRes Program of Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI), Sweden
5. Guest professor: Stuttgart University of Applied Sciences, Germany
6. Editor: Water Science and Technology (published by International Water Association)
Honors and Awards：
In 2013, the Faculty Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching at the University of Science and Technology Beijing
2013-14 academic year, supervisor award for Excellence for International Student at the University of Science and Technology Beijing
Main journal publications：
1. R Gao, Z Li, X Zhou, et al.Enhanced lipid production by Yarrowia lipolytica cultured with synthetic and waste-derived high-content volatile fatty acids under alkaline conditions. Biotechnology for Biofuels, Dec 2020
2. P Yu, X Zhou, Z Li, et al. Inactivation and change of tetracycline-resistant Escherichia coli in secondary effluent by visible light-driven photocatalytic process using Ag/AgBr/g-C3N4.Science of The Total Environment, Nov 2019.
3. T Liu, X Zhou, Z Li*, X Wang, J Sun. Effects of liquid digestate pretreatment on biogas production for anaerobic digestion of wheat straw[J]. Bioresource Technology, 2019,280:345-351.
4. W Fuchs, X Wang, W Gabauer, M Ortner, Z Li*.Tackling ammonia inhibition for efficient biogas production from chicken manure: Status and technical trends in Europe and China.Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Dec 2018
5. Odey E A, Li Z*, Zhou X, et al. Locally produced lactic acid bacteria for pathogen inactivation and odor control in fecal sludge[J]. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2018,184:798-805.
6. Odey E A, Li Z*, Zhou X, et al. Locally produced lactic acid bacteria for pathogen inactivation and odor control in fecal sludge[J]. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2018,184:798-805.
7. W Fuchs, X Wang, W Gabauer, M Ortner, Z Li*. Tackling ammonia inhibition for efficient biogas production from chicken manure: Status and technical trends in Europe and China[J]. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 2018,97:186–199.
8. Gao R, Li Z*, Zhou X, et al. Oleaginous Yeast Yarrowia lipolyticaculture with synthetic and food waste-derived volatile fatty acids for lipid production[J]. Biotechnology for Biofuels, 2017,10(1):247.
9. X Wang, Z Li*, X Zhou, Q Wang, Y Wu, M Saino, X Bai, Study on the bio-methane yield and microbial community structure in enzyme enhanced anaerobic co-digestion of cow manure and corn straw[J]. Bioresource Technology, 2016,219:150-157.
10. Yin F, Wang D, Li Z*, et al. Study on anaerobic digestion treatment of hazardous colistin sulphate contained pharmaceutical sludge [J]. Bioresource Technology, 2015,177(177C):188-193.
11. H Ma，Z Li*，F Yin，W Kao，Y Yin，X Bai， Study on anaerobic treatment of hazardous steel-mill waste rolling oil (SmWRO) for multi-benefit disposal route[J]. Bioresource Technology 2014, 151:106–112.
12. S Cheng, Z Li*, H.-P. Mang, K Neupane, M Wauthelet， Application of fault tree approach for technical assessment of small-sized biogas systems in Nepal[J]. Applied Energy 2014,113:1372-1381.
13. Z Li*, N Jiang, F Wu, Z Zhou， Experimental investigation of phosphorus adsorption capacity of the waterworks sludges from five cities in China，Ecological Engineering[J].2013,53:165–172.
14. X Jin, Z Li*, L Xie, Y Zhao,T Wang， Synergistic effect of ultrasonic pre-treatment combined with UV irradiation for secondary effluent disinfection[J].Ultrasonics Sonochemistry 2013,20:1384–1389.
15. S Cheng, Z Li, H.-P.Mang, E Huba，A review of prefabricated biogas digesters in China， Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews[J]. 2013,28:738–748.
“Introduction to Sustainable Sanitation System” China Environmental Publishing Group, 2019 (Editor)
"Principle and Application of Biogas Purification Technology", China Environmental Publishing Group, 2018 (editor)
1. High-concentration sludge anaerobic digestion treatment process for mechanical pre-dewatering of sludge, ZL2010 1 0504997.6
2. An ultrasonic and ultraviolet integrated disinfection device, ZL2009 1 0237508.2
3. An initial rainwater abandonment device, ZL2010 1 0225783.5
4. A urine diversion toilet and harmless treatment and resource utilization system, ZL2008 1 0119782.5
Zifu Li, et al. Guiding principles for Constructed Wetlands Treatment of Wastewater, CHINA ARCHITECTURE & BUILDING PRESS, 2009