Education & Working Experience
2003-2007, School of Energy and Power Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, BEng.
2007-2010, School of Energy and Power Engineering, Dalian University of Technology, MS.
2010-2014, Faculty of Engineering, The University of Nottingham, PhD.
2015-Present, School of Energy and Environmental Engineering, University of Science and Technology Beijing, Assistant Professor
Undergraduate Courses: Engineering Fluid Mechanics
1. National Natural Science Foundation of China, “Multi-scale Multi-physics Numerical Study of Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Enhanced Gas Recovery and Geological Storage in Shale”, 2018.01-2020.12, PI.
2. Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities, “Study of Synergetic Effects of Nanoparticles and Surfactants on Surface/Interface and Flow Characteristics”, 2019.07-2021.06, PI.
Selected Journal Publications:
Personal Research Site：https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Wenning_Zhou
1. W.N. Zhou*, H.B. Wang, X. Yang, X.L. Liu, Y.Y. Yan, Confinement Effects and CO2/CH4 Competitive Adsorption in Realistic Shale Kerogen Nanopores, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 2020, 59(14):6696-6706.
2. W.N. Zhou*, H.B. Wang, H.X. Chen, Y.Y. Yan, X.L. Liu, Adsorption Mechanism of CO2/CH4 in Kaolinite Clay: Insight from Molecular Simulation, Energy & Fuels, 2019, 33:6542-6551.
3. W.N. Zhou*, Z. Zhang, H.B. Wang, X. Yang, Molecular Investigation of CO2/CH4 Competitive Adsorption and Confinement in Realistic Shale Kerogen, Nanomaterials, 2019, 9(12), 1646.
4. W.N. Zhou, H.L. Huo, Q.Y. Li, R.F. Dou, X.L. Liu*, An Improved Comprehensive Model of Pyrolysis of Large Coal Particles to Predict Temperature Variation and Volatile Component Yields, Energies, 2019, 12(5):884.
5. W.N. Zhou*, H.B. Wang, Z. Zhang, H.X. Chen, X.L. Liu, Molecular simulation of CO2/CH4/H2O competitive adsorption and diffusion in brown coal, RSC Advances, 2019, 9:3004-3011.
6. W.N. Zhou*, Y.Y. Yan, X.L. Liu, H.X. Chen, B.Q. Liu, Lattice Boltzmann simulation of mixed convection of nanofluid with different heat sources in a double lid-driven cavity, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 2018, 97:39-46.
7. W.N. Zhou*, Z. Zhang, H.B. Wang, Y.Y. Yan, X.L. Liu, Molecular insights into competitive adsorption of CO2/CH4 mixture in shale nanopores, RSC Advances, 2018, 8:33939-33946.
8. W.N. Zhou*, Y.Y. Yan, X.L. Liu, B.Q. Liu, Lattice Boltzmann parallel simulation of microflow dynamics over structured surfaces, Advances in Engineering Software, 2017, 107:51-58.
9. W.N. Zhou*, Y.Y. Yan, Y.L. Xie, B.Q. Liu, Three dimensional lattice Boltzmann simulation for mixed convection of nanofluids inthe presence of magnetic field, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 2017, 80:1-9.
10. W.N. Zhou, Y.Y. Yan*, Numerical investigation of the effects of a magnetic field on nanofluid flow and heat transfer by the lattice Boltzmann method, Numerical Heat Transfer, Part A: Applications, 2015, 68(1):1-16.
11. W.N. Zhou, Y.Y. Yan*, J.L. Xu, A lattice Boltzmann simulation of enhanced heat transfer of nanofluids, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 2014, 55:113–120.
12. H.X. Chen*, J.L. Xu, Y.Y. Yan, W.N. Zhou, Phase separation and flow pattern modulation with a T-type micro-drainage system, Applied Thermal Engineering, 2017, 122:214-226.
13. B.Q. Liu*#, W.N. Zhou#, P.L. Tan, X.H. Shan, Q.L. Yang, Dynamic granular bed and its gas-solid separation process, Powder Technology, 2016, 301:387-395.
14. B. Li, W.N. Zhou, Y.Y. Yan*, C.Q. Tian, Evaluation of electro-osmotic pumping effect on microporous media flow, Applied Thermal Engineering, 2013, 66: 449-455.
15. B. Li, W.N. Zhou, Y.Y. Yan*, Z.W. Han, L.Q. Ren, Numerical Modelling of Electroosmotic Driven Flow in Nanoporous Media by Lattice Boltzmann Method, Journal of Bionic Engineering, 2013, 10:90-99.