Education & Working Experience
1990.09-1994.07 University of Science & Technology Beijing, Bachelor
1994.09-1997.03 University of Science & Technology Beijing, Master
1998.09-2002.03 University of Science & Technology Beijing, Doctor
1997.04-2016.04 School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Science & Technology Beijing, Lecture, Associate professor, Professor
2005.07-2005.12 University of Texas at Arlington, Visiting scholar
2012.08-2013.02 Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Visiting scholar
2016.04- School of Energy and Environmental Engineering, University of Science & Technology Beijing, Professor, Dean of the department of thermal science and energy engineering
Undergraduate courses：Fundamentals on industrial thermal engineering, Energy conversion and utilization, Heat and mass transfer, Case study of energy conservation assessment, Progress in thermal engineering, Refractory materials, Furnace,
Social/ Academic Work
3. Institute of thermal physics and energy engineering in Beijing, supervisor
1. National Key R&D Programmes - Key technology of metallurgy, chemical furnace and system energy saving and emission reduction
2. National Key R&D Programmes - Match of steel production process and system energy saving
3. National Program on Key Basic Research Project of China (973 Program) - Characterization of system of steel production processes and their optimization of generalized thermodynamics
4. National Natural Science Foundation of China - Fundamentals of key technologies for full-oxygen blast furnace
5. National Natural Science Foundation of China - Mechanism study of water condensate in moist air on biomimic surface
6. National Key Technology Research and Development Program of the Ministry of Science and Technology of China - Ironmaking technology of top gas recycling oxygen blast Furnace
7. National Key Technology Research and Development Program of the Ministry of Science and Technology of China - Screening and evaluation of Energy saving and emission reduction technology in steel industry
8. National Key Technology Research and Development Program of the Ministry of Science and Technology of China - Research on dynamic process optimization technology and precise designing for new generation of steel mill
9. Demonstration Project of the National Development and Reform Commission of China - Research on processing zinc dust in steel plant by rotary hearth furnace for Annual output of 200,000 tons of metallized pellets
10. Key fund of Ministry of Education of China - The interface technology of casting and rolling process in steel industry
11. The Ph.D. Programs Foundation of Ministry of Education of China - Basics of thermophysics on photointensification of microalgae photobioreactor
12. Beijing Municipal Science & Technology Commission - Research on key technology of energy saving and environmental protection in metallurgical industry
13. Beijing municipal commission of education - Compact cultivation method and demonstration device of bioenergy microalgae based on solar energy utilization
14. Business project with Baoshan Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. - Technology R & D roadmap to efficiently improve typical steel production process
15. Business project with Baoshan Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. - Mechanism study of top gas circulating by tuyere injection in oxygen blast furnace and technology development of circulating gas heating
16. Business project with Baoshan Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. - Research on key technology of new smelting process to produce coal chemical syngas in oxygen blast furnace
17. Business project with Ke Li Te Co., Ltd. - Strategy on pressure control and mathematical model of waste water coke quenching furnace
18. Business project with LY Steel Co., Ltd. - Secondary control system of walking beam furnace
19. Business project with Baoshan Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. - The online optimization control and mathematical model of annular heating furnace
20. Business project with Baoshan Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. - Research on heat transfer model of tension and reduction process of steel pipe and temperature feedback function
21. Business project with Jinan Iron and Steel Group Corporation - Study on temperature distribution of steel coil during annealing process and caking mechanism
22. Business project with Baoshan Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. - Research on on-line model of annealing process of full hydrogen bell furnace
23. Business project with Baoshan Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. - Numerical simulation of heat transfer process for spray cooling of galvanized strip steel
24. Business project with China Aviation Planning and Design Institute (Group) Co., Ltd. - Analysis on cooling process of well cooling device
Honors and Awards：
 Outstanding Teachers in USTB, 2014
 “Teaching group of heat and mass transfer” honored excellent teaching group in Beijing, 2010,
 “Fundamentals on industrial thermal engineering” Excellent course in USTB, 2012,2017
 “Heat and mass transfer”, National Top Quality Course, 2007
 Science and technology award of Shandong province, Second prize, 2014
 “Energy conservation and emission reduction technologies in steel industry” Metallurgical science and technology awards, Third prize, 2013
Main journal publications：
 Yuan Hao, Zhang Xinru*, Jiang Zeyi, Wang Xinyu, Wang Yi, Cao Limei, Zhang Xinxin. Effect of light spectra on microalgal biofilm: cell growth, photosynthetic property, and main organic composition [J]. Renewable Energy, 2020.
 Zhang Xinru, Yuan Hao, Wang Yi, Guan Libo, Zeng Ziyi, Jiang Zeyi*, Zhang Xinxin. Cell surface energy affects the structure of microalgal biofilm [J]. Langmuir : the ACS journal of surfaces and colloids, 2020, 36 (12): 3057-3063.
 Lu Yuanxiang, Jiang Zeyi*, Zhang Xinru, Liu Sihan, Wang Jingsong, Zhang Xinxin. Determination of void boundary in a packed bed by laser attenuation measurement [J]. Particuology, 2020, 51: 72-79.
 Yuan Hao, Wang Yi, Xi Yanaoming, Jiang Zeyi, Zhang Xinru*, Wang Xinyu, Zhang Xinxin. Light-emitting diode power conversion capability and CO2 fixation rate of microalgae biofilm cultured under different light spectra [J]. Energies, 2020, 13 (7): 1536.
 Cai Xinzhi, Dong Xuanzuo, Lv Wanxin, Ji Chengzhi, Jiang Zeyi, Zhang Xinru*, Gao Ting, Yue Kai, Zhang Xinxin. Synergistic enhancement of thermal conductivity for low dielectric constant boron nitride–polytetrafluoroethylene composites by adding small content of graphene nanosheets [J]. Composites Communications, 2020, 17: 163-169.
 Zhang Xinru, Yuan Hao, Guan Libo, Wang Xinyu, Wang Yi, Jiang Zeyi*, Cao Limei, Zhang Xinxin. Influence of Photoperiods on Microalgae Biofilm: Photosynthetic Performance, Biomass Yield, and Cellular Composition [J]. Energies, 2019, 12 (19): 3724.
 Zhang Xinru, Xie Xiaoyu, Cai Xinzhi, Jiang Zeyi*, Gao Ting, Ren Yujie, Hu Jian, Zhang Xinxin. Graphene−perfluoroalkoxy nanocomposite with high through-plane thermal conductivity fabricated by hot-pressing [J]. Nanomaterials, 2019, 9 (9): 1320.
 Zhang Xinru, Cai Xinzhi, Xie Xiaoyu, Pu Changyu, Dong Xuanzuo, Jiang Zeyi*, Gao Ting, Ren Yujie, Hu Jian, Zhang Xinxin. Anisotropic thermally conductive perfluoroalkoxy composite with low dielectric constant fabricated by aligning boron nitride nanosheets via hot pressing [J]. Polymers, 2019, 11 (10): 1638.
 Zhang Xinru, Cai Xinzhi, Jin Kairu, Jiang Zeyi*, Yuan Hao, Jia Yan, Wang Yang, Cao Limei, Zhang Xinxin. Determining the surface tension of two-Dimensional nanosheets by a low-rate advancing contact angle measurement [J]. Langmuir : the ACS journal of surfaces and colloids. 2019, 35 (25): 8308-8315.
 Yuan Hao, Zhang Xinu*, Jiang Zeyi, Wang Xinyu, Chen Xuehui, Cao Limei, Zhang Xinxin. Analyzing the effect of pH on microalgae adhesion by identifying the dominant interaction between cell and surface [J]. Colloids and surfaces. B, Biointerfaces, 2019, 177: 479-486.
 Yuan Hao, Zhang Xinu*, Jiang Zeyi, Chen Xuehui, Zhang Xinxin. Quantitative Criterion to Predict Cell Adhesion by Identifying Dominant Interaction between Microorganisms and Abiotic Surfaces [J]. Langmuir : the ACS journal of surfaces and colloids, 2019, 35 (9): 3524-3533.
 Lu Yuanxiang, Jiang Zeyi*, Zhang Xinru, Wang Jingsong, Zhang Xinxin. Vertical section observation of the solid flow in a blast furnace with a cutting method [J]. Metals, 2019, 9 (2).
 Zhang Xinru, Yuan Hao, Jiang Zeyi*, Lin Dahao, Zhang Xinxin. Impact of surface tension of wastewater on biofilm formation of microalgae Chlorella sp [J]. Bioresource Technology, 2018, 266: 498-506.
 Liu Lianzhi, Jiang Zeyi*, Zhang Xinru, Lu Yuanxiang, He Junkai, Wang Jingsong, Zhang Xinxin. Effects of top gas recycling on in-furnace status, productivity, and energy consumption of oxygen blast furnace [J]. Energy, 2018, 163: 144-150.
 Cai Xinzhi, Jiang Zeyi, Zhang Xinru*, Zhang Xinxin. Effects of tip sonication parameters on liquid phase exfoliation of graphite into graphene nanoplatelets [J]. Nanoscale Research Letters, 2018, 13 (1): 241.
 Cai Xinzhi, Jiang Zeyi, Zhang Xinru*, Gao Ting, Yue Kai, Zhang Xinxin. Thermal property improvement of polytetrafluoroethylene nanocomposites with graphene nanoplatelets [J]. RSC Advances, 2018, 8 (21): 11367-11374.
 Wu Y L, Jiang Z Y, Zhang X X, et al. Process optimization of metallurgical dust recycling by direct reduction in rotary hearth furnace[J]. Powder Technology, 2018, 326:101-113.
 Bao C, Jiang Z, Zhang X. Analytical solution to heat transfer in compressible laminar flow in a flat minichannel [J]. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2018, 127:975-988.
 Bao C, Wang Y, Feng D L, Jiang Z Y, Zhang X X. Macroscopic modeling of solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) and model-based control of SOFC and gas turbine hybrid system. Prog. Energ. Combust., 2018, 66: 83-140.
 Jin P, Jiang Z*, Bao C, et al. The energy consumption and carbon emission of the integrated steel mill with oxygen blast furnace[J]. Resources Conservation & Recycling, 2017, 117:58-65.
 Wu Y L, Jiang Z Y, Zhang X X, et al. Modeling of Thermochemical Behavior in an Industrial-Scale Rotary Hearth Furnace for Metallurgical Dust Recycling[J]. Metallurgical & Materials Transactions B, 2017, 48(5):2403-2418.
 Wang B, Zhang X, Li X, Jiang Z, et al. An inexact two-stage stochastic risk-aversion model for integrated energy system management in Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei, China[J]. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, 2017, 9(4):045902
 Chen Zhijie, Zhang Xinru, Jiang Zeyi*, Chen Xuehui, He Hongzhou, Zhang Xinxin. Light/dark cycle of microalgae cells in raceway ponds: effects of paddlewheel rotational speeds and baffles installation [J]. Bioresource Technology, 2016, 219: 387-391.
 Bao C, Jiang Zeyi, Zhang X. Modeling mass transfer in solid oxide fuel cell anode: II. H2 /CO co-oxidation and surface diffusion in synthesis-gas operation[J]. Journal of Power Sources, 2016, 324:261-271.
 Cheng Bao, Zeyi Jiang, Xinxin Zhang. Modeling mass transfer in solid oxide fuel cell anode: I. Comparison between Fickian, Stefan-Maxwell and dusty-gas models. Journal of Power Sources, Volume 310, 1 April 2016, Pages 32-40
 Zhijie Chen, Zeyi Jiang*, Xinxin Zhang, Jun Zhang. Numerical and experimental study on the CO2 gas–liquid mass transfer in flat-plate airlift photobioreactor with different bafflesl. Biochemical Engineering Journal, Volume 106, 15 February 2016, Pages 129-138
 Jin Peng, Jiang Zeyi*, Bao Cheng, et al. Mathematical Modeling of the Energy Consumption and Carbon Emission for the Oxygen Blast Furnace with Top Gas Recycling[J]. Steel Research International, 2016, 87(3):320-329.
 Zhang Xinru, Zhang Qian, Yan Tao, Jiang Zeyi, Zhang Xinxin, Zuo Yi*. Quantitatively predicting bacterial adhesion using surface free energy determined with a spectrophotometric method [J]. Environmental Science & Technology, 2015, 49 (10): 6164-6171.
 Cheng Bao, Zeyi Jiang, Xinxin Zhang. Mathematical modeling of synthesis gas fueled electrochemistry and transport including H2/CO co-oxidation and surface diffusion in solid oxide fuel cell. Journal of Power Sources, Volume 294, 30 October 2015, Pages 317-332
 Zhang Xinru, Zhang Qian, Yan Tao, Jiang Zeyi, Zhang Xinxin, Zuo Yi*. Surface free energy activated high-throughput cell sorting [J]. Analytical Chemistry, 2014, 86 (18): 9350-9355.
 Zhang Xinru, Jiang Zeyi*, Li Mengyin, Zhang Xinxin, Wang Ge, Chou Aihui, Chen Liang, Yan Hai, Zuo Yi*. Rapid spectrophotometric method for determining surface free energy of microalgal cells [J]. Analytical Chemistry, 2014, 86 (17): 8751-8756.
 Wang, Peng; Jiang, Zeyi*; Geng, Xinyi; Hao, Shiyu; Zhang, Xinxin. Quantification of Chinese steel cycle flow: Historical status and future options. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 2014, 87: 191-199.
 Hasanbeigi, Ali; Jiang, Zeyi; Price, Lynn. Retrospective and prospective analysis of the trends of energy use in Chinese iron and steel industry. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2014, 74: 105-118.
 Zeyi Jiang, Xinxin Zhang, Peng Jin, Fushan Tian, Yejian Yang. Energy-saving Potential and Process Optimization of Iron and Steel Manufacturing System. International Journal of Energy Research. 2013, 37(15): 2009-2018.
 Xinru Zhang, Zeyi Jiang*, Liang Chen, Aihui Chou, Hai Yan，Yi Y. Zuo, Xinxin Zhang. Influence of Cell properties on Rheological Characterization of Microalgae Suspensions. Bioresource technology, 2013. 139: 209-213.
 Wang P, Jiang Z Y*, Liu Z T, et al. Modeling and Optimizing Energy Utilization of Steel Production Process: A Hybrid Petri Net Approach. Advances in Mechanical Engineering, 2013, 5: 191963.
 Wu Y L, Jiang Z Y*, Zhang X X, Wang P, et al. Numerical simulation of the direct reduction of pellets in a rotary hearth furnace for zinc-containing metallurgical dust treatment. International Journal of Minerals, Metallurgy, and Materials, 2013, 20(7): 636-644.